Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mailbag responses


Well, apparently my fans liked the return of the mailbag feature to Shamrock Talk. I've already had several new letters. I'm giving way Blakebucks like it's Greece!

Our first letter today is from a sweet little girl named Sadie. She wrote:

Hi, can I have some Blakebucks? I'll draw a picture of you. Here is my picture.
Photobucket

Isn't that nice? Of course you can have some Blakebucks sweetie. The letter will get you 5 Blakebucks and another 5 when you send in the picture. This can't possibly be a bad idea.

N. Barf writes:
I'd love to hear your thoughts on managing your own currency. Are you linking it to any other currency or letting it float independently? Are you managing your fiscal policies to maximize foreign trade, lower interest rates, make money on currency speculation or to tame inflation? There are so many things to think about, I'd like to know your opinions.

Those are great and conveniently timed questions. When one spontaneously creates his own currency for the sake of a joke on his blog, it should mean something, right? Right. Well, Blakebucks are good for a number of things:
1. They can be traded for favors. Send me a request for a favor and I will tell you how many Blakebucks will be necessary for that favor to happen. Example: Help with IDR homework, 10 Blakebucks. Kidnap a swiss industrialist, 1,000,000 Blakebucks.
2. They can be traded for information. As I am privy to lots of fascinating information via my work and my connections (or lots of free time and a Google Machine) you can bet that I can find out the questions that are on your mind. Such as: What kind of insurance discounts should I qualify for? Are the Freemasons a bunch of sorcerers? Where can I get a good hamburger around here?
3. Since they are made of paper, I suppose you could use them in the restroom...
4. As of now they are transferrable to Barf Bucks. I will buy-back your Blakebucks for a 2 to 1 exchange, perhaps Nigel Barf will be willing to work out a more elegent transference system with me.
5. As for foreign trade and fiscal policies, let me send it over to my dear friend, Gregory Runcic, Director Asian Affairs, IMF:
I have no idea who you are. We are not friends. Please stop calling me.
Well, that didn't go as planned. I'm not really worried about long term financial goals for Blakebucks, as I don't think we have long term survival goals on the planet.
Well done, you just earned yourself 5 Blakebucks!

Remember readers, all letters printed are confidential, I will not use your first name. Simply send in a question to blakecates2012@gmail.com and I'll try to get it published.


1 comment:

  1. Don't do it Blake. Snagglepuss tells me that Sadie once drew a picture of Space Ghost, and look what happened to him!!

    Steve Martin

    ReplyDelete