Thursday, January 26, 2012

Famous people whom I have met


It's no secret that America has become obsessed with fame (no, not that Fame) and I have been asked on multiple occasions if I have ever met any celebrities... because I live in California, the natural habitat of the celebrity. Here are a few of my brushes with fame.

Geoff Johns: Comic book writer
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Johns at a comic book convention in Los Angeles. He is a very nice guy. He is the current writer of The Flash, Green Lantern, and Justice League.

Snagglepuss, Cartoon character, politician.
I met Mr. Puss once when I was a young man at the Great America theme park in Santa Clara. What a nice fellow. We spoke for a few minutes until he had to "Exit, Stage Left." Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Seth Green, Actor
I ran into Seth Green at a comic book convention in Los Angeles. He and I were both walking around and literally bumped into each other. Our conversation went thusly:
Blake: Sorry, bro. Hey, you're Seth Green. Wow... you are really short!
Seth: Umm, yeah man. Most people don't point that out.
Blake: Yeah well, most people can touch the top of a refridgerator.
He walked off then. A bit rude, I feel.

Steve Martin, Actor, comedian
While I was in college I managed a movie theatre in Roseville. While there, we had a promotional showing of one of the new Pink Panther movies. What most people didn't know was that Steve Martin was actually there, upstairs in the projection booth watching along and seeing the audience's reactions. He and I had a couple drinks together and talked for a little while. Nice guy... pity about his career though.

I've led a remarkable life and I'm sure that some day these fellows will be telling their grandchildren about our times together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in awe. Heck I've only had the pleasure of hanging out with Ral Tarsus and Krool Moodoon. Or maybe pleasure isn't the right word...

    Unless you count Dr. Evil and Rafiki. I suppose they would count as celebrities here.

    ReplyDelete